Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sydney Miniature Fair....

This is a room box titled: "An Umbrian Door" by: Cassandra Stevens.
This was my favorite of all the room boxes on display....it is fabulous, the detail, the colours, the subject and not to mention the little cat peaking in the door....I loved it. I am sorry my photo is not better, but the lights in the hall made it impossible to take a good photo without reflections.


The work photographed above is by New Zealand miniaturist Kim...from http://www.kimsminis.com/ . She also has hand made crystal chandeliers....very pretty!

The hand knitting above is by "Mini-Mad Mates". They are two ladies from South Australia who do absolutely fabulous knitting. If you can remember the little pink cardigan I have in the little girls room of the 'petite maison'....well this was made by these ladies. I think there prices are very reasonable and they they will do commissions. What did I buy from them.....bet you can guess?

These gorgeous little dolls are made by Win Garside from New South Wales. I bought one of her little dolls but it is not shown here....it was so hard to choose when there are so many to select from.


This little hand knitted Paddinton Bear is actually a tea-cosy, so you can imagine how tiny and detailed it is....I believe this is also made by Win Garside.
I had a wonderful day at the Sydney Fair. My flight left Hobart at 6.30 am and we...(Jo & I)...were there before the show started. We met two fellow bloggers...Norma & Margaret, they are lovely, lovely ladies and it was a pleasure to meet both of them. We spend the entire day at the show and got back to the airport with 10 mins. to spare before Jo flew home and I returned to Hobart.....a big day, but well worth the sore feet.
I haven't yet photographed all the lovely...(well, I think they are lovely)...pieces I bought, but in the next day or two I shall have some 'pretties' to show you.
....email me if you want contact details to 'Mini-Mad Mates' & Win Garside....

15 comments:

Liberty Biberty said...

It sounds like you've had a great time! What fun to be able to meet the other bloggers.
Can't wait 'til I get to come and play with you!!
Mercedes

vicki archer said...

Lovely finds Linda....sounds like you enjoyed the show in Sydney, xv.

Josje said...

What a great day you've had! Thanks for the lovely photos. The roombox is wonderful, love all the greenery, that is a lot of work to make.
Also love the little dolls (I have something similar by an English artist) and the tea cosy is so cute! I don't know if I could have resisted him.

Flora said...

Linda, reading your post I am a citizen of the world even if I live on an island in the middle of the Mediterranean. Thanks to you, the fair is a bit 'closer :-)
Kisses, Flora

Debbie said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Fair Linda. Looking forward to seeing all your purchases..xx

Vane said...

Wow, what a fair!!! So Jelous!..happy you had fun!. I love that tiny paddington!.
hugs Linda.
Vanesa

miniacollection said...

Beautiful miniatures you showed us, it must have been great to attend the fair. The paddington is amazing and the dolls gorgeous. Like you I like the front of the house, the atmosphere is wonderful.
Geneviève

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and your experiences at the fair. Those peaches are incredibly succulent looking, aren't they? It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

ESTEFANIA said...

What wonders can you show us. They're beautiful! I love the little dolls. A kiss.

MiniLover said...

Don't you just love going to shows? I think they are the best way to buy minis.

I especially love Kim's pie-making board--highly realistic and juicy!

Can't wait to see the rest of your treasure trove...

Sophia

Catherine said...

I can certainly see why that room box was your favorite. I love all the gorgeous plants and flowers.
I see how that little cat adds just the right finishing touch to the scene.
Those peaches are fantastic.
It must have been so much fun to meet other blogger friends.

synnøve said...

It's so nice to see the pictures and hear about your day at the fair!!! I love the roombox picture too... everything looks lovely and I cant wait to see what you purchased....I am sure it's something exquisite!!!!
Synnøve x

Jean Day said...

Thank you so much for sharing the show, lovely displays and minis!!

Nishant said...

It sounds like you've had a great time!
post free classifieds

J Bar said...

That's a event in Sydney that I didn't know about.
Sydney - City and Suburbs