Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A visit with Margaret....

It is always a delight to visit Margaret Crosswell and see the wonderful items that she has made. Margaret is working very hard towards the Sydney Miniature Fair which takes place later this year and the items she already has finished are fabulous....yes, of course I had to buy a few pieces, who could possible resist such a temptation!! I know I am very predictable with what I buy, as I adore the rose embellished jugs and vases, but this time (for my new project) I bought a few other....not so predictable....pieces! I think they are so beautiful!

As you know I am making lots of plants.....so I thought a little gnome with toadstools might be just the right items to hide amongst the pots??

16 comments:

Patty said...

Linda, Margaret's work is so stunning! I really love the rose pots you buy too but I really love that first pot on the left! The colors are so wonderful!! Your gnome will be perfect for your project!

Bambi said...

Margaret has done a wonderful job, as always. The other pots are delightful but there's something about a pink rose, in a vase or on a pot that pleases me everyday! Terryx

MiniLover said...

Are we thinking about a florist shop, Linda???????

Today I made my first roses and peonies with Pascale Garnier's kits. What fun! But it will take me a long time to be as proficient as you are!!!!

xo.
Sophia

Catherine said...

I love them all! The gnome and toadstools are great! LOL

Lotte said...

Vases are so sweet! Love the gnome too :)

rosanna said...

I love the new vases, especially the one with the wisteria. The gnome is fun. Have a nice week, Rosanna

Ana said...

Preciosos trabajos¡¡¡¡

Garden of Miniatures said...

The vases are very pretty and the little gnome is just lovely!Jeannette

Flora said...

These little treasures make me dream of a better world :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

Sara Álvarez-IGMA Artisan said...

The gnome has stolen my heart. Please convey my congratulations to Margaret for her excellent work

Claudia said...

She's so talented! I am amazed at the perfection of her creations.

xo
Claudia

Helena said...

Hola!!
Qué bonitos jarrones!! Qué manos mas maravillosas tiene su autora.
Felicidades a las dos. Y el gnomo es una monada. Besos.

Wee Cute Treasures said...

What beautiful vases. The one on the left of the photo is beautiful as is the wisteria one. Your flower shop is going to be lovely! Best wishes, Carol :)

Terri said...

Beautiful vases! I think the garden gnome is so sweet as well as the toadstools.
Hugs,
Terri

miniacollection said...

Beautiful purchases! The vases are gorgeous and I love the gnome.
Geneviève

skulptress said...

How sweet are they? The vases are so beautiful!