Friday, June 3, 2011

Bringing kits to life....







Well....it is official, winter is here and while the days have been lovely and sunny there is a very crisp chill in the air. This week I have been working away on a few kits that I have had hidden away in boxes. I love making kits, they allow you to add you own touch to each piece and paint or polish each piece in which ever way you require.....plus they are a little easier on the purse! Several of these kits I have had for years, the little wooden table and box I simply gave a waxed finish and was very pleased with the result, the quaint little bedside table and chair were very cost effective...(they were free!!)...and I was surprisingly pleased with them..? Possibly not all of these pieces may get a home in my new project, but the were fun to make none-the-less.

Please do not forget about the give-away of "My Petite Maison"....(the miniature book)....as seen in my previous post. I shall announce a winner after the week-end.....Good Luck!

15 comments:

Brandy Rose said...

They are all great pieces!

Flora said...

How strange to think that at this very moment, on this side of the world the flowers bloom, and we're going to start going to the beach ...
However, I see you address the onset of winter in the right spirit: nothing like some good kit to assemble and a cup of hot tea next :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

ines paiva raposo said...

Ficaram lidos. Estou desejosa de ver o próximo projecto!
Beijinhos
Inês

dale's dreams said...

You do such lovely work! I wish I had the skill with wood. :)

Susan said...

You have a wonderful way with details Linda! A visit to your blog is always a pleasure. Can't wait to see some progress pics of your new project...

marlies said...

We have a hot spring here, it is lovely weather.
I love what you did with the furniture, I'm still curious what your new project will be.... :D
* marlies

Plushpussycat said...

I have some kits I need to work on, but I feel nervous about starting them--it will be my first time making mini furniture from a kit! Yours look lovely! :-)

Lataina said...

These are some lovely pieces. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your new project! =)

Un Taller de Miniaturas said...

I love making kits too. Truly they can be customized, and I adore that!!!
Yours are beautiful, above all the french food cupboard: it is gorgeous!!!!
Have a nice day,
Paloma

Kikka said...

Hi...
It is so lovely to have somebody to write to on the other side of the globe... we have the summertime here about to beginning.

Your minis look so wonderful!
I adore them!
Minihugs
Kikka

la Brocanteuse said...

lovely and as always inspiring! have a lovely weekend.
you should make a little bookcase(slightly to large for petit maison I guess)but never the less.. filled with rows and rows of your teeny books! hugs and X
Col&DD

by Sonya said...

Hi Linda,
I love make kit too!More easy and more cheap!
Your works are very good!Now in Italy we are at the doors of summer but rain,hot and rain!
Have an happy winter beginning!
Love
Sonya

Atelier 57F said...

Mio nome e Stefano e sto costruiendo una dolls'house. Se vuoi vedere : Atelier57fdollshouse.blogspot.com

Arantxa said...

Great Furniture!!!

Your minis look so wonderful!

Em said...

You have a wonderful quilt folded on a bed in you petit mason. Is there a way I can find out how it was made?
Em