Saturday, November 22, 2014

The sounds of silence....






My poor little blog has been silent for far too long and this I am far from happy about. We have been extremely busy....yes, I have heard people say this before and often wondered what could keep you away from your blog.....but know I know. We have been doing a renovation on an apartment and it took far longer than we expected......these things certainly take on a life of their own. But now all is completed (well almost) and we have moved in and we are very happy with the out come.
Needless to say no miniatures have even been thought about in that time....well I lie, I did have to think about moving the Petite Maison, which meant that most items had to be removed etc etc....and no, they are not yet back in place, never mind it will happen.
I thank those who emailed me to see if I was okay, I thank you so much for your concern.
While I have nothing miniature related to show you, I do have some more photos of Paris....I hope you enjoy them. I find it hard to believe that it was this time last year that I was in Paris.....could it really have been a year already.....?

13 comments:

Catherine said...

The photos are so beautiful Linda. I love seeing such gorgeous buildings.

Ooooh a whole year since you were there. You must be seriously homesick for your favorite city.

I hope things will calm down in your busy life soon. I love & miss your miniature posts too. ;-)

Steinworks said...

Thanks for the photos of Paris, but being nosey I want to see photo's of the new place :-)

Glad to hear things are going well

Hugs Marisa

Daydreamer said...

It is always good to hear that there is a happy reason for your "quiet" blog! I hope you are settled in and unpacked soon! Meanwhile.... I never can see too much of your photos of Paris! They are so beautiful and endlessly inspiring!
Thank you for sharing!

miraclechicken said...

As always the photos are stunning, always a pleasure. And it is good to see you pop in despite everything
else---

My Realitty said...

I always go to your blog for a quick vacation to Paris. The price is right!
Would love to see any design 1/1 or 1/12 you create. Thanks CM

Margaret said...

You are forgiven Linda, I know what it is like renovating and moving, hope you are settled in soon and we see more of your mini building. Meanwhile I have enjoyed the new pics, there seems an almost endless supply of beauty to be captured in Paris.

Simon said...

Your beautiful pictures are always very welcome, Linda.
Hope things calm down a little for you now...
Hugs

miniacollection said...

I have been thinking of you recently and I'm happy to read that you're fine.
Geneviève

Josje said...

Time flies, especially when you're busy. Renovations can be all consuming and so disruptive, I know all about it. But our miniatures are patiently waiting, ready to enchant us when the time is right.

Marie Arden said...

Welcome back I've missed your blog. Happy holidays and love the new photos you posted.

Bambi said...

Hello...great to see your post!

Elizabeth S said...

Hi Linda, I hope that you are nicely settled into your new place and I am curious to know if you have decorated your Real Life home, with a leaning towards the French Style that you do so well in miniature.

elizabeth

Monica Roberts said...

Congratulations on the completion ... send pictures! I'm sure, as well, those precious grandchildren demand plenty of your loving attention. Anxious to see what you'll be doing now that your place is finished ... love to all, m