Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome to Chinon....

Doesn't this make your head spin with wonderful ideas of how to do the roof on your doll house?....well it did for me any-way! I love how 'neat' it all looks and the fact that on one little roof there are two different style windows....it's funny what fascinates me!!
This is the local Brocante/Antique shop, it really hurt to go in there as you see all the lovely french things that you would die to take home, but know that if you do, you have to carry them around for the rest of your holiday......I had learnt the hard way!!

Don't you just love the beautiful roses up the side of the building?

This is our lovely hotel "Best Western Hotel de France" situated on Place du General De Gaulle, Chinon.....it was a magic little scene, lots of little shops and restuarants all facing into the town square, (you can see the little antique shop to the left).

Every-where we went in Chinon the roses were out in bloom, but the funny thing was it was only the one type of rose through-out the whole town, the perfume was lovely. No one could tell me the name of the rose,but I would just about put money on it being "Pierre de Ronsard".

4 comments:

vicki archer said...

Linda, I am sure this is Pierre de Ronsard too - a very popular variety of Rose in France. What a dear little town and your shots are lovely, xv.

kimsminiatures said...

Love your images. Funny how miniaturists see the world and life in it. I'm alwsys thinking now how can I do that in miniature? Those roses are so lovely. Just puts me in a good mood. Mini hugs!

Linda Carswell said...

Actually Kim,I thought the antique shop would make a lovely miniature project,....a shop below and little residence about....a few roses outside with a lovely paved street...lots of furniture...does that sound good????

kimsminiatures said...

Sounds amazing Linda. I like how you think. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)