Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little Girls Bed....



Once again, the only thing stopping me from having the little attic bedroom finished, was the 'dressing' of the little girls bed. The actual bed is a 'small pleasures' kit...(sadly no longer available!!)...I think it is a beautiful kit, so full of detail, it even has a 'slatted' base...and to think I nearly didn't buy it!
So, as you can see the bed is now 'dressed'...once again thanks to Mercedes handy hints on how to drape the fabric. I used linen hankerchiefs for all the sheets and pillow cases and I was thrilled with how well the valance worked-out for me.
Now that the bed is finished, there is only one thing left to do......publish the 'little girls attic bedroom' to my blog.....in a day or two!!!

8 comments:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Oooooohhhhhhhh!!! Linda, that is just beautiful! LOVE that little bed. Am waiting very patiently to see the whole room!
Mercedes

kimsminiatures said...

I can't wait Linda. The bed is so lovely. I know the room will be one not to be missed. Your work is so delicate. I just can't get enough.
Hugs,
Kim

marlies said...

The bed is lovely, beautiful valance! Also a beautiful blanket, it looks if its quilted and wadded.
I'm sure it will look great in the little girls room!
* marlies

vicki archer said...

Adorable Linda...totally, xv.

Claudia said...

What a beautiful bed! You've dressed it in such a lovely way - can't wait to see the room!

(I wish all these kit-makers were still in business!)

xo
Claudia

Janne said...

The bed was absolutely beautiful, it will certainly fit perfectly in children's rooms

Janne

Anne Marie said...

handkerchiefs! great idea!!

can't wait to try it.....

I really think you are peeking my interest in miniatures....

dora said...

Preiosa camita. Muy bonita