Friday, April 1, 2011

Genova....revisited!!!









Oh.....how I would love to re-visit Genova, (and Rosanna too of course)!! I must confess that I had never heard of Genova until I met Rosanna via my blog......& also by the the movie of the same name. After watching the movie I was enchanted by this wonderful city, but to stay there for a week last year was beyond my dreams.
On one of our many walks about the city I discovered this fabulous house. It was possible to walk all around the exterior of the house thanks to (public) stairs and a raised walk way that took us all the way from the front of the house (to the back) and to their roof top garden ......not terribly private for the people that lived there, but fabulous for (sticky beak) tourists like myself....lol!!! The last two photos show the outlook from the actual house. Do you like it too? At one stage I thought it might make a great miniature project....?

I long to visit Genova again!!!

10 comments:

rosanna said...

And you'd be most welcome ((^_^))

rose cat cottage said...

hhuuummm.. Italia.... how I would like to go over there... nice pictures Linda... and when you are thinking I have an Italian fiance who is dreaming about castles in Scotland!!! LOL our future destination for Easter week-end! Thanks for this little visit, a big pleasure everytime and it is a way to say hello to Rosanna as well! DOei, Claude

Bambi said...

Ahhhh! I can indeed see you adapting such a picture into a miniature, as I'm now convinced of your many talents Linda! What memories you'll never forget - and that includes Rosanna!x

Catherine said...

It is a beautiful house and it would make a great miniature one. I am sure if anyone could do it it would be you.
I really am looking forward to seeig that movie Summer in Genova. I will be able to get it in April here. Not s good as meeting Rosanna and having a guided tour though. ;-)

vicki archer said...

LInda...How fun to do an Italian miniature....love that idea a dn this home would be wonderful...xv

skulptress said...

That house truly has lovely bones! Very elegant. I really like the way the windows and shutters open.

aboutgarden said...

have happened by chance on your lovely blog, I follow that of Rosanna and Genoa is the city where I was born! Thank you to speak so well. Genoa is discovered little by little difficult to understand the beauty of the first meeting ...
Good Sunday
Simonetta

Mari@ said...

Hello Linda, I have sent you an e-mail. :o)

Miniature Pets By Bridget McCarty said...

what a beautiful building...

art of living said...

Chere Linda,

You wake in me lots of remembers with your beautiful pictures.
I love this region of Italy with Genova, Portofino, Cinque Terre and San Remo, bella Liguria....
The Architecture in Liguria is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

greetings

Jika