Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Residence to Museum....









It was suggested to me (by fellow blogger & miniaturist) Simon, that had I not already been to this wonderful museum, then perhaps I might enjoy it. Enjoy it I did!! Thank you Simon.
Hotel Camondo was once a private residence and on the request of the owner that after his death, it was to be turned into a museum to house his amazing art and furniture collection.
His will stated that...."The interior arrangement must be maintained as is after my death and that no piece of furniture or object d'art must be moved....etc etc." So, the rooms are maintained with little or no change since the owners death in 1935.
It is truly a beautiful place....not feeling like a museum at all. I have posted just a few photos here today....but I took many, many more.....'delightful'!!!!
I (like Simon) think that if you are in Paris it is a 'must see'. Afterwards (even if you have already done so) take a walk through the beautiful parc Monceau that backs onto this gorgeous house.

Musee Nissim de Camondo
63, rue de Monceau. 75008 Paris

You can go to 'Wikipedia' and read more about the amazing story behind this house....it is very interesting!!!.....and if you do visit this beautiful 'home' because of this recommendation, I would love to hear your thoughts.....as I loved it!!!!

17 comments:

minwks said...

Hi Linda,
Truly a wonderful opportunity to see how a home was livedin in that era.
Thank you for posting.
Not yet midnight hers so still 2013!
All the best to you an your family for 2014.

I will be in Qld end of January for three weeks, then NZ for another month. Wondering if you will be north at that time.
Jaine

12Create said...

What a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing the photos. The décor and furnishings are just exquisite.

Simon said...

Happy New Year, Linda. The photos, as always, are wonderful and a reminder of a great day out. More inspiration, if more were needed!?
Best wishes
Simon x

Margaret said...

What an amazing place and story, I must put that on my list of must-see places if I get back to Paris. Thanks for sharing your pics Linda and best wishes for 2014!

Catherine said...

What a treasure. It is just beautiful in every small detail. I wonder if anyone has written a book about this magnificent house. Were you allowed to see other rooms? I would love to see them.

Daydreamer said...

Happy New Year, Linda! This Museum looks like a Treasure trove of Beauty! Your photos are wonderful as they capture so much of the ambiance! There is so much to look at and study the details.... from walls to furnishings to art....
Thank you for this post!
Could we see more...?
If I ever get back to Paris... it is now on my list!
(Not tired of it at all!)

miniacollection said...

It's true that this museum is really worth visiting. I went there many years ago and loved it. It's also full of inspiration. I'm very glad you saw it.
Geneviève

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Hi, Linda...Happy New Year! Oh, yes, the Nissin de Camondo House is really a fantastic house, and a great source to know the past style of life... I went there many years ago, and I love all...
Thank you for this post!

Eva R. Hernández said...

Amazing! I love this style to decor. Thanks so much for share with us and happy new year!

elizabeth s said...

Happy New Year Linda! This owner must have been very taken with his home and its contents and proudly so, I think! It is wonderful to see everything as the owner left it and to have it open to the public so that they could also enjoy its splendor is a real treat! Thank you to Simon for the suggestion and to you Linda for taking such beautiful photos to share with us!

elizabeth

miraclechicken said...

Stunning! What a wonderful place and your photos are gorgeous as always. Thanks for showing this :)

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Wow. This place is amazing. I love your photographs. I love Paris and this place is certainly on my must see. Thank you for taking us on a tour.

Happy New Year. I hope you can stop by for a visit.

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

Lucille said...

Your photos are always so perfect, Linda. Thank you so much for sharing them. I will inform my son and daughter-in-law of this beautiful place because they plan to be in Paris in May to celebrate her birthday. I just know they would enjoy visiting this place. If I have not already done so, I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year!

carmen said...

feliz año nuevo!

Marisa said...

Happy New Year and thank you very much for sharing your photos of the museum, I really enjoyed looking at them

maribel said...

Feliz Año Nuevo. Un reportaje fantástico.

miniaturista said...

Una maravilla de miniaturas.
Feliz Año Nuevo
Un abrazo
Maite