Saturday, February 6, 2016

White on white....





 Is there anything more refreshing than 'white on white'? I confess that I love it in my real house.....so why not in my miniature house.

While we were last in Paris I had the good fortune to go to "Paris Creations". While Paris Creations is more doll orientated than miniatures related, a good selection of miniaturists do attend. Before leaving home I had a list of pieces that I required from the very talented Elisabeth Causeret (France)......she makes the most exquisite porcelain items and while I already have a substantial collection of her work I did require more....well, who can resist?! The pieces I am collecting will sooner or later (more later than sooner I think...) find their way into my new project.....which I confess it is moving terribly slowly.....I don't believe I have touch it in more than 2 years, so I guess you cannot get much slower than that.

I also wanted another folding bistro/cafe chair. Those of you with a good memory might remember that several years ago I bought a fabulous chair from Catherine Soubzmaigne (Paris).....well I contacted Catherine again and I was lucky enough to score the last one available (apparently she has trouble sourcing the fine metal)......as before I was thrilled with this chair, it is perfect in scale and folds up just like the real ones....ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!!

The pieces in the last photo are also by Elisabeth, I adored the designs and the soft muted colours......and I just had to have the blue piece, isn't it gorgeous?!

17 comments:

m1k1 said...

The porcelain is exquisite. And congratulations on finding that chair.

I also have a "problem" with acquiring linens, although since the local antiques store that specialized in fabrics closed its doors, I've been more restrained. It's hard to resist pieces when you see them.

Linda Park said...

Hi Linda
Your porcelain collection is very covetable, and the chair is fabulous. Lucky you to get the last one.
We do think alike - I have a large RL collection of white/cream china and cupboards full of vintage linens. What is not to love about them?
I hope you get the mini-bug again soon as I'm sure your next project will be just as wonderful as the Petite Maison.
Cheers, Linda

Unknown said...

Hello

It is always nice to read your posts :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth s said...

I LOVE miniature china and your white ware is Beautiful Linda,,,, Lucky Duck! :D

miraclechicken said...

The first picture blew me away, I love white on white! And as I read on and scrolled down each subsequent photo with a little more, the wonderful chair, the splashes of color, very nice post and collection---

Catherine said...

Me too! I love the white on white photo. That china is so well made and such lovely shapes. I adore Catherine's chairs. I would be very happy to send her the metal she needs to make them.
You embroidered linens are beautiful. I always love it when you use them in miniature photos.

Fabiola said...

Wonderful!

miniacollection said...

How beautiful and elegant!!! Just perfect! I do love too Elisabeth causeret's work.
Geneviève

Josje said...

I can understand you cannot resist Elisabeth Causeret's porcelain, I can't either! I always buy a few pieces when I see her at a fair. The white pieces are wonderful just the way they are, but are also perfect for painting. Lovely collection Linda.

La casa de Elisa said...

Despues de un tiempo cuesta remontar la aficion ...porcela maravillosa ¡¡

skulptress said...

Your porcelain is so lovely. I am utterly in love with your chair however, exquisite!

rosanna said...

Back from Miniaturitalia I read your post.
How much I relate to you, you stopped working at the new house two years ago, for me it was three years !, but I still collect minis and goodies.
I love Elisabeth works, I have a small collection of them, including the white soup tureen which I adore !, and it was difficult yesterday to refrain from buying new pieces. I was "lucky" that she had little if anything left in white... it made easier to pass through her stand without stopping and purchasing ;o)
We shall go on sooner or later .... meanwhile have fun playing with your jewels and I'll do the same
A tight hug to you and David, Rosanna

Miniatures Absolutely said...

your collection is so adorable!

Margaret said...

Lovely photos Linda, just a hint of colour, and the chair is gorgeously simple. I also share your love of old linen, and lace, but I don't have a lot of it.

marlies said...

Wow! Do I love that bistro chair! ♥ Did love that other beautiful chair from Catherine also, she makes stunning miniatures. About Elisabeths porcelain, you have a beautiful collection, I can not resist them either.
Have a colection of the crackeled pieces in white, so delicate. As play and you look at your beautiful collection, it should still itch to put them in place in the new house?
This afternoon I was looking in a old Miniaturas and saw your beautiful kitchen in it.
Maybe Rossanna is right, you both should start making again :D :D
* marlies

After Dark Miniatures said...

Wonderful!! Really classic, your displays are always fantastic Linda :)