Friday, April 24, 2009

Le Jardin de Bagatelle....


In early June 2008 I had a lovely visit to 'Le Jardin de Bagatelle'... it was a lovely day and the world famous rose garden was at it's very best. The roses were in full bloom and the colours were so vibrant. I loved the formal design of the garden, I wouldn't even guess as to how many roses there were!!

I loved this urn, it is up on a high wall and the face looks down on a walk way, it would be wonderful to know who he has seen walk through over the years....

...and of course the roses, this colour is devine, soft lemon going out to the palest pink on the outer petals....so beautiful!!!
It took us a little bit of time to find the gardens and once there a lot of walking is involved....but when there are so many wonderful gardens, fountains, ponds etc.. to be found it is well worth a visit!!!
Le Jardin de Bagatelle. Bois de Boulogne. 75016 Paris France.

8 comments:

rosanna said...

It's a magic place and I've never been there. Last time I went to Bois de Boulogne we had a boat trip on the lake. It was August but all of a sudden it started raining and the temperature dropped. We had to buy jumpers, it was freezing cold. Needless to say...rien de jardin.
Have you read "La petite maison" by Jean-Francois de Bastide? it's like looking at your Petite Folie, I warmly recomend it to you if you'd not already read it.

Anonymous said...

Such lovely photos - thank you for sharing them.

manon 21 said...

belle ballade sur ton blog!!

j'adore

manon

Debbie said...

What a fabulous garden. Thanks for sharing your pictures..

vicki archer said...

What pictures Linda - the rose shot is stunning. Wouldn't it be great to be strolling through those gardens this Spring, xv.

Unknown said...

Linda, what a lovely rose garden! My husband and I visited England in 2005 and of course we visited all the great gardens and then some! I can't wait to go back and hopefully make it over to Paris if even for a few days. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful images!

Donna Hager said...

When my husband and I travel, I always try to visit a garden or two! I haven't been to this one in Paris. Next visit it will be a must-see!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photographs.
Donna

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Hi Linda,
Thank you for your wonderful email and visit.....such a lovely treat on a Sunday morning. I am enjoying my return visit as I see you love beautiful things as well! Thank you for the link and I will be back this week for a much longer visit.