Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Le Jardins de Bagatelle....








Many years ago when I attended my very first French lesson, we were asked (a very silly question).... why do we want to visit France!! My answer was that I wanted to see the gorgeous rose gardens at "Le Jardins de Bagatelle"......my (Australian) French teacher told me that I must be mistaken as "he" had not heard of such a place.....mistaken "I was not"!!!!
I have been to this amazing 'parc'  on the out skirts of Paris. I have seen the roses gardens at their very best (and depending on the time of year I vistited....not their very best). When there are no roses there is always something else to admire, the gorgeous espaliered fruit trees, the peonies, the Autumn colour, etc.......and this stunning little building, "Pavillon Louis XV at the Allee de Longchamp entrance.

I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoy showing them to you.

The 'parc' is on the outskirts of Paris.....and it could be said that it is a little difficult to find if relying on public transport, but as I have said before......if time allows it is well worth a visit....Enjoy Lx.

14 comments:

Michèle said...

Hello
Je regarde votre blog depuis peu et je suis émerveillée par tout ce que je vois. Votre maison miniature et votre blog sont splendides . Les photos sont toujours belles et invitent a la promenade en France et autres lieux....
Grâce a vous je redécouvre certaines merveilles de Paris que j'avais oubliées . Merci
C'est un enchantement .

Pepper said...

What a stunning building. Despite loving all things modern, every so often something like this turns my head and I start doodling plans to make it in miniature. I just love those windows. Thanks for sharing the picture =0)

Isabel Ruiz said...

La casa es una monada.

Daydreamer said...

Dear Linda, I LOVE the Jardins de Bagatelle!!! I had read of them in a book on Rose Gardens.... and was determined to look with my own eyes! I have been only once... and in was a long walk from the nearest metro station... but I was undaunted and found my way there! I was not disappointed even though the height of the rose season was past... the roses were just amazing! And the buildings too! I remember a small Chateau on the Lake that was built in a very short time due to a bet with Marie Antoinette....!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos! I regret that the last time I was there my camera had "film" and I had run out!!! LOL!

Daydreamer said...

Oh, and I Love the glimpse of the cat in the window! :)

elizabeth s said...

Linda this little building is Exquisite! I initially thought it was perhaps a garden folly but to learn that it was actually a home and that an eccentric lady and her cats occupied it, seems much more Romantic!
There is so much Personality contained in this tiny structure and I love all of the carving and curlicues! It is a National Treasure!

elizabeth

miraclechicken said...

Beautiful! Love the cat in the window---

12Create said...

I am amazed that all those photos of wonderful architectural details are from the same little building. I thought you were posting a selection of photos from different buildings until I read your blog entry. What a gem. Love it!

miniacollection said...

Wonderful! This is a place where I have never been, now thanks to you I know I should go.
Geneviève

Linda Carswell said...

Dearest Genevieve......I only wish I was there to go with you....perhaps next time? Linda x

Marie Arden said...

Yes I agree well worth it. Did you also see home of Duke and Duchess of Windsor. I think it is still owned by the man who owns Harrods.
The little building is so beautiful perfection. I agree slip it into your luggage!

cieldequimper said...

Bagatelle is delightful and you've captured the details so well!

socialite said...

Please post pictures of the inside of the little house.

Unknown said...

I so love Le Jardins de Bagatelleit is so amazing and you say you got to see in through the windows how wonderful that must of been . What was it like ? please share photo`s if you have some.
I`v look every where to find what it might look like inside .
Sheryl Hand (UK)