Saturday, January 7, 2017

Still collecting....?





I know it has been a terribly long time since I last posted anything....I could try and find an excise, but sadly I haven't any...!

At present I am loving the work of Alison Davies. I know most of you know Alison already, as I have seen her work on your blogs and I understand she has been most successful at recent miniature fairs...no question at understanding why! I bought this gorgeous little table from Ali a few months back, the detail is wonderful and the size and scale is perfect....I adore it!!! WhileI am waiting for my next order to arrive I thought I should do a blog post, as I fear that my dear friend in America will 'spontaneously combust' if I do not.

While my blog has been quiet, so has my spending habits when it comes to miniatures....with not a lot that is new to show you. Although I have bought a few items for the florist...(that has now been stored away in a wardrobe)...I couldn't bare to look at it any longer in it unfinished (and neglected) state. I bought the little posters and chess board from 'A Lavender Dilly'....I always manage to lose myself for several hours in her Etsy shop.

I am not totally certain of the eventual home for Alison's table....do I start changing a few items in the Petite Maison, or save it for the florist.....please don't answer that question. But, what I do know is that it was a 'must-have' and I so love seeing what Ali has already made and I dream of what she might design in the future.

Wishing you all a Safe and Happy 2017.

18 comments:

minwks said...

Dear Linda, So nice to see your collection. The table is fantastic. I need to spend some time looking at the site of Alison Davies.

As I was away last July, I did not see your post on the movie "My Old Lady". We managed to see it on Netflix tonight and enjoyed it very much. I can imagine how much fun it would be to find the locations where it was filmed.

All the best.
Regards Janine

m1k1 said...

It is always a delight to see your posts, no matter how long between them.

miraclechicken said...

Oh I am so glad to see your post! I won't attempt to answer your rhetorical question, just know that I am loving your incredible photography ....and the items ...wow, awesome! The table is SOO gorgeous, where ever it ends up will be perfect. What fun! No need to rush anything, all in due time---

miniacollection said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!!!
I'm so glad to see a new post from you, I have often thought of you. Wonderful miniatures!!!
Geneviève

Catherine said...

Your new table is gorgeous! I love all the details on that piece. I agree...'A Lavender Dilly' ETSY shop is great fun. The pieces you brought from her are going to be great in your new project.

Thank you for preventing that impending disaster. haha

Daydreamer said...

Happy New Year Linda! It is always a treat to see a post from you! Your new purchases are very lovely and I will have fun ogling Alison's Site.... such gorgeous detail!!! I hope you have a wonderful new year filled with miniatures!

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! The collection of purchases is lovely!Hugs

Josje said...

Alison's table is a wonderful addition to your collection Linda! As are the other pieces. I particularly like those croissants, they're reminding me I haven't had breakfast yet ;-)
I am looking forward to see what else you have been ordering from Alison. Her pieces unleashed a bit of a greedy monster in me when I saw them.

ScrapbookingButterfly said...

As a newcomer to your blog I was delighted to see the purchase from Alison Davies as her items are just gorgeous....wish I had an unlimited budget! The table will be beautiful no matter where it is placed! A Lavender Dilly is such a nice place to shop too. Happy New Year to you...may 2017 bring health, happiness and contentment!
Cheers, Alayne

Simon said...

Lovely to hear from you, Linda. I have some of Alison's chairs and sofas, they are amazing and incredibly priced!! This table is next on my list.
Best wishes for 2017
Simon

Teresa Martínez- IGMA artisan said...

Really beautiful !!. I came here to wish you a happy year 2017.
A hug.
Teresa

rosanna said...

Best wishes Linda and congratulations for you new pieces. I relate with you, I keep collecting but I do nothing... No time but most important no real inspiration :(
Hugs to you and David, Rosanna
PS yesterday I watched Lion and it was set in Hobart, I thought a lot of you

Margaret said...

Nice to see your post Linda, I too am a fan of Alison and will surely make a purchase in future. Love your photos and the plaques from Carrie are gorgeous, love that iron chair too.

Polly said...

Absolutely beautiful.

lulaby homeplace said...

I love the elegant way you show us these beautiful things , charming !

marlies said...


Beautiful collection ♥
the table is gorgeous, I believe she was in Arnhem last month, I could not go... but I would love to have one of her chairs.... :)
I see a bottle of wine from Hanneke ;) is the china from Elisabeth? Love to see her in Paris.
I agree, Carrie has beautiful posters and so many lovely items in her etsy. But I am curious were you bought the the flowers, they are beautiful, love the weathered locals on the pots.♥

xx marlies

Shabby Dollhouse said...

Thank you Linda for visit and comment on my blog!!!!

Wow ...... your miniatures are beautiful!
I have registered as a follower .... so I can read with you :o)

Have a nice day!

Sigrid

Shannon Mackle said...

Helllllooooooooooooo


Win Ex lover back in 48 hours


if you are serious about getting back your ex.


His Herbal remedy cured me from herpes


100% result guaranteed..


R.buckler11 [[@gmail..com ]]